| The major result of this project will be the experiance
with the implementation of a large variety
of different small-scale (0,1up to 10 m³/d) ADS powered
by renewable energy. The ADS will be installed in five MENA
countries: Cyprus, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Turkey.
ADIRA will create knowledge in various fields to promote the
implementation of ADS in the Mediterranean Basin. The
following will be available for each location in the survey
- Optimal combination of different types of desalination
technology and associated Renewable Energy Sources.
- Energy supply systems for the desalination unit, taking the
current power supply of households into account, if
- Economic operation schemes e.g. utility concept operated
by the residents.
- Necessary actions for sustainable social integration and
development of small communities.
- Actions for raising awareness of the new technologies
among the water consumers.
- Measures to ensure satisfactory operation and maintenance.
- Necessary measures for ADS construction: Small desalination
unit design, selection, local participation in
manufacturing, installation and staff training.
- Proposals to national and regional governments on how
to support the rural water supply infrastructure.